The National Engineering Register (NER) has been created by Engineers Australia to provide a means of presenting registered engineers and their services to the public. It also provides assurance to consumers that engineers engaged from the NER meet the high standards of professionalism expected in the engineering profession.
New Registrants on the NER will need to confirm the following eligibility criteria:
- a recognised qualification
- relevant professional practice
- currency of continuing professional development (CPD)
- the benefit of Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII)
- a commitment to ethical practice