An Australian Skilled Visa assessment entails the following:
- obtain a positive skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the appropriate Skilled Occupations List ;
- age: in general, the main applicants must be aged between 18 or over and less than 50;
- English language ability;
- in certain cases completion of one or more suitable qualifications after at least two years of study in Australia;
- in certain cases, applicants need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) using SkillSelect and be invited to apply for a visa, before they can lodge their GSM application.