The current Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Occupation List for Skilled Visas is now available on the ‘Canberrayourfuture’ website. Updated guidelines on the Business Talent (Subclass 132), Business Innovation & Investment (Subclass 188) and Subclass 888 are also available.
The ACT Occupation List identifies the skills that are currently in demand in Canberra. The demand for each occupation is used to determine availability of ACT nomination for that occupation. Availability for nomination is listed using three categories; Open, Limited, Closed.
Open Occupations refer to ACT nomination if your occupation is listed as open on the current ACT Occupation List and you meet the nomination criteria. Limited Occupations refer to occupation where there is placed a limited. It indicates that the demand for this occupation is declining or numbers are restricted. To seek nomination of a limited occupation you must have the occupation verified before you lodge your application for nomination. Closed Occupations refer to those occupations closed on the current ACT Occupation List but where you may still be eligible to apply.
If you are working in Canberra, you can seek nomination of a closed occupation if you are:
• Employed in your nominated occupation in Canberra; or
• A graduate from an interstate institution and you are employed fulltime by an ACT employer in the nominated occupation for the last six (6) months; and
• The occupation is verified before you lodge the application for nomination.
If you are living overseas, you can seek nomination of a closed occupation if you have:
• A close family member who is resident in Canberra (includes parent, grandparent, brother, sister, uncle, aunt or first cousin); or
• A genuine offer of employment from an ACT employer; and
• The occupation is verified before you lodge your application.